On this page
As of 6 November 2021, wearing of face masks in public indoor spaces is mandatory again in several locations for anyone 13 years of age and up.
This measure has been reinstated. Wearing of a non-medical face mask in shops, museums, and several other indoor public locations as well as in public transport is mandatory again from 6 November 2021. This measure applies in indoor public locations where a corona entry pass is not used. This applies to everyone 13 years of age and up. A fine of €95 applies for not complying with the obligation to wear a face mask.
The face mask requirement applies in all indoor or roofed public spaces where the corona entry pass system is not mandatory, for instance:
- amusement parks, play and gaming venues
- public transport, including (inside) railway stations, on platforms, and bus and tram stops
- taxis, touring cars, and other commercial passenger transport
- airports and aeroplanes
- contact-based professions
- care facilities
- when moving around in locations for higher education (mbo, hbo and universities)
In case of illness or impairment one may be exempted from wearing a face mask where this is mandatory. Police officers and special enforcement officers (BOAs) may ask to substantiate such claims.
This measure has been reinstated on 6 November 2021.