Logo of the Dutch government

Camping permit

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

If you want to run a site in the Netherlands as a campsite for tents, caravans, hiker's cabins, or other camping accommodation, you will need a camping permit from the municipal authorities. A condition is that your plans must be compatible with the zoning plan.

If you want to start operating a campsite in or near a nature conservation area, you may also need a permit under the Nature Conservation Act or an All-in-one Permit for Physical Aspects for actions in a nature conservation area.

If you want to run a campsite with night's lodging, you must notify your local council about running a leisure facility. Be aware that some municipalities require notification within 3 days.

Operating permit

If you want to have a catering establishment on the campsite, you may need an operating permit in some municipalities. Make sure that this catering establishment fits the municipalities's zoning plan.

Tourist tax

To host guests on your campsite, you have to pay tourist tax to your municipal authority for providing accommodation to guests from outside your municipality. You can pass this tax on to your guests. in some cases there is an exemption for guests paying this tax. For more information, please contact your municipality.

Visitor register

If you provide overnight accommodation on your campsite, you must keep a visitor register of your guests. You must be able to provide information on who is staying on the campsite to your municipality upon request.

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy and cookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1