Logo of the Dutch governmentGo to homepage

Government support for entrepreneurs

This article is related to:

Lorry drivers declarations

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency

If you operate a transport business in the Netherlands and you employ lorry drivers, you must apply for a declaration of employment (employer's statement, werkgeversverklaring) for each of your lorry drivers. Please submit your application to Kiwa Register. You do not need to apply for the declaration for lorry drivers if your company provides its own transport services.

Temporary employment of lorry drivers

If you have a transport company in the Netherlands and you do not have sufficient lorry drivers during a specific period, you can hire drivers temporarily by using the secondment method or a recognised employment agency.


You may hire drivers from another company active in the commercial goods transport sector under specific conditions. The driver must, for example, be able to show a declaration of employment. Drivers may only be supplied without a profit motive.

Recognised employment agency

Only employment agencies that have been appointed by the Minister of Infrastructure and the Environment may place lorry drivers. For this the employment agency must apply for a designation decision at KIWA registerExternal link. The driver requires an availability declaration, which they must be able to show when checked while on the road. The employment agency issues the availability declaration.

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency