If you intend to run a leisure facility with night's lodging (e.g. a hotel, bed and breakfast or campsite) in the Netherlands, you must notify your local municipality within 3 days.
You need to notify if you:
- acquire a leisure facility
- discontinue the operation of a leisure facility
- reallocate your leisure facility
Not all municipalities require notification within 3 days. Make sure to check with your local municipality in time.
Before you notify your municipality you must ensure you hold the following permits:
- an alcohol licence under the Licencing and Catering Act if you serve alcoholic beverages
- a camping permit in case you operate a campsite