On this page
You are looking for a business partner, like a supplier or a producer, for your import or export business. You can try and find one yourself, or you can collaborate with a trade agent.
Finding business partnersThere are several ways to get in touch with potential business partners. It may help to compose a profile before you start looking, asking yourself questions like: Do I want a partner who invests money?, What type of skills should my partner possess?, and Do I want to do business with a large or a small company?
- Check the landeninformatie (country information, in Dutch), and get specific tips for finding customers and business partners.
- Get information from agents or contacts of colleagues operating in the same sector.
- Seek advice from advisors at the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce and the Netherlands Enterprise Agency.
- Get in touch with the Enterprise Europe Network (EEN). They offer, among other things, access to a database of business partners, carrying profiles of thousands of companies from some 60 countries. You can also fill out your own profile.
- Visit international trade shows (see f.i. http://www.auma.de/en/Messedatenbank/Seiten/Default.aspx or http://www.expodatabase.com/) and get in touch with potential customers. The Enterprise Europe Network organizes matchmaking events at international trade shows.
- Take part in a trade mission (in Dutch).
- Ask the foreign network (buitenlandnetwerk, in Dutch) for support. The network can help you find your feet in international trade, investments, research, and collaboration.
- Make use of the services provided by the Centre for Improvement of Import from developing countries. The Centre connects businesses from developing countries with potential European business partners.