Do you organise events? And did you organise an event that had to be cancelled because of corona measures? If you are not eligible for the TRSEC Subsidy scheme for events COVID-19 you can apply for the Additional Reimbursement for Events (Aanvullende Tegemoetkoming Evenementen, ATE).
What is the ATE?
The Additional Reimbursement for Events (ATE) (in Dutch) is meant to support organisers of events who are not eligible for the TRSEC scheme. ATE 2021 reimburses costs made for events planned between 10 July 2021 and 31 December 2021 that were cancelled as a result of a government ban on events.
For 2022 a new scheme will be made available. This is the Event Guarantee Subsidy scheme 2022 (SEG). It is not yet known when applications for this scheme will open.
Who can apply?
You can apply for ATE 2021 if you meet the conditions (in Dutch), among others:
- The event was to take place in the Netherlands (including the Caribbean part) between 10 July 2021 and 31 December 2021.
- The event was cancelled because of a government ban on events.
- You are not eligible for support under the Subsidy scheme for events COVID-19 (TRSEC). This may be because:
- the event was free
- there has not been a previous edition of the event
- if there was a previous edition, you did not have a cancellation insurance (with coverage for pandemics)
- The event was not a private event such as weddings, or company or neighbourhood parties
- The eligible costs are at least €2,500. Eligible costs are for instance costs for artists, technical facilities, suppliers, or security. Fixed costs, such as for example rental costs of your business premises are not eligible.
- The eligible costs were incurred after 19 January 2021 and up until the date of the planned event.
- Income from support such as NOW or TVL, support from your municipality, or from sources such as sponsoring or merchandising will be deducted from the eligible costs.
You can check all periods when events were forbidden on this Dutch-language list.
How to apply?
You can no long apply for ATE 2021 to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (in Dutch). You could apply from 28 February 2022, 09:00 hours until 31 May 2022, 17:00 hours.