On this page
Are you the owner of a kindergarten that offers preschool education and are you lagging behind because of the corona crisis? You may be eligible for the 'Subsidy for catch-up and support programmes for preschool education’.
You can use this subsidy to pay for a programme that helps children to catch up with the educational programme and to prevent they start lagging further behind. This programme will be run alongside your usual educational activities.
When do you qualify?
You are eligible for the subsidy if the following terms apply to your preschool:
- you provide regular preschool education and are registered in the National Childcare Register (Landelijk Register Kinderopvang, LRK)
- the children in your care have have been recommended for preschool education
- if you introduce the programme, at least 5 toddlers will be supported
- the extra programme will be at least 10 hours a week, with a maximum of 16 hours a week
- the programme will last at least 2 weeks and maximum 5 weeks
- the programme will be scheduled between 4 July 2020 and 4 January 2021
- you have not yet received any funding from the government or your local municipality for this programme
- your municipality knows you are applying for this subsidy
- you will not charge the children’s parents or guardians
More details about the terms and conditions of the subsidy for catch-up and support programmes for preschool education can be found with the Executive Agency for Subsidies for Institutions (Dienst Uitvoering Subsidies aan Instellingen, DUS-I, in Dutch).
How to apply?
You could apply until 28 June 2020 via DUS-I (in Dutch).