On this page
Do you sell fireworks? On 13 November 2020, a ban on fireworks for the public for the turn of the year 2020-2021 was announced. As a result, you might have extra stocks of fireworks in storage. You may be eligible for a reimbursement.
As a retailer or fireworks company you can apply for the Temporary subsidy fireworks ban COVID-19 – Storage and transport (TSVC-19, in Dutch) to finance the extra storage and transportation.
When do you qualify?
If you are a retailer selling fireworks to the public and you are registered with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KvK), you can apply for this subsidy for storage if:
- you have your own storage facility
- you have a permit to store more than 10,000 kilograms of consumer fireworks in bulk (unpackaged)
- and you have stored more than 10,000 kilograms of consumer fireworks in your own storage in the period 1 February 2021 through 31 August 2021
Retailers can only apply for a subsidy for storage, not for transportation.
If you are a manufacturer, importer, distributor or permitholder of fireworks and you are registered with the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KvK), you can apply for the storage subsidy if:
- You needed to store more than 10,000 kilograms of unsold fireworks for longer because you can only sell it a year later than and therefore needed storage facilities longer.
- You had these fireworks in store from 1 February 2021 through 31 August 2021.
- You stored the fireworks in the Netherlands in a storage requiring a permit.
- If you needed to store the fireworks in Belgium or Germany, the storage must meet the local requirements for storage of fireworks.
You can apply for the transport subsidy if:
- You needed arrange for transportation for the extra stock between 13 November 2020 and tot 1 February 2021.
- The additional transport complies with the legal requirements for transport of dangerous goods and was carried out by a 3rd (legal or natural) party.
How to apply?
This subsidy is closed. You can no longer apply. You could apply for the Temporary subsidy fireworks ban COVID-19 – Storage and transport (in Dutch) on RVO's website until 18 October 2021, 9:00 hours.