Are you an entrepreneur in Limburg or Noord-Brabant and did you have a loss of turnover as a result of the July 2021 flooding? You can apply for the Reimbursement turnover loss from water damage Limburg and Noord-Brabant (Tegemoetkoming omzetschade na waterschade Limburg en Noord-Brabant, TOWL, in Dutch) subsidy.
Who can apply?
You can apply for the reimbursement if you meet the conditions, such as:
- your location’s address is mentioned on the list of affected postal codes (pdf, in Dutch)
- you were registered in the Business Register of the Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KVK) on 13 July 2021
- you had at least €5,000 of material damage (per location), or the damage was at least 20% of that location’s turnover in Q3 2021 compared to the reference period
- your turnover loss was at least 50% in Q3 2021 and/or Q4 2021 and/or Q1 2022 compared to the reference period
- if you had no material damage but you did have a turnover loss as a result of the flooding, you must be able to show your turnover loss was at least 65% in Q3 2021.
You can find all conditions for TOWL with the Limburg provincial authority (in Dutch).
Your loss of turnover is compared to a reference period. Enterprises registered in the Business Register before 1 July 2020 may use the corresponding quarter from either 2020 or 2019 as a reference period.
Did you register your company on 1 July 2020 or after? Your reference period for Q3 2021, Q4 2021 and Q1 2022 depends on the date of your registration in the Business Register:
- between 1 July 2020 and 30 September 2020: Q4 2020
- between 1 October 2020 and 31 March 2021: the first 3 months after registration
- between 1 April 2021 and 13 April 2021: the 90 days after registration
- between 14 April 2021 and 30 June 2021: the reference period is calculated by dividing your turnover until 13 July 2021 divided by the number of days since registration, multiplied by 90
How to apply?
You cannot apply for TOWL at the moment. You could apply until 5 December 2022 17:00 hours with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (Rijksdienst voor Ondernemend Nederland, RVO).
Please note: the Limburg provincial authority is responsible for handling your TOWL application. The provincial authority will answer your questions, decides whether you will receive the reimbursement, and distribute the reimbursement.