Airworthiness requirements aircraft

Published by:
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
< 1 min read
Nederlandse versie

Do you want to commission aircraft or plan to operate Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (drones or model aircraft), micro light aeroplanes (MLAs), historical aircraft, or home-built aircraft in the Netherlands? there are Dutch airworthiness requirements you and your aircraft must adhere to.

Proof of registration in the Dutch Civil Aircraft Register

Some aircraft must be registered in the Dutch Civil Aircraft Register (Luchtvaartuigregister, in Dutch), kept by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport, ILT). You will receive a Certificate of Registration (Bewijs van Inschrijving, BvI) once the aircraft has been registered. You will require insurance, a broadcasting license and a transponder code for this purpose. You will also have to arrange for the following documents:

  • Certificate of Airworthiness ARC (Bewijs van Luchtwaardigheid, BvL): this document declares that the aircraft complies with airworthiness requirements.
  • Noise Certification Documents (Geluidsdocument): Dutch motorised aircraft must have these documents on board. Noise information is important for the calculation of rates by airports, among other things.

You can request these documents from ILT or consult the complete list of aviation forms on ILT's website.

Please note: The technical requirements imposed by the Netherlands in respect of MLAs differ from those of other EU Member States. If an MLA is already allowed in another EU Member State, the authorities may ban its sale in the Netherlands only in exceptional cases.

This article is related to: