Business.gov.nl is the English-language Point of Single Contact (PSC) for resident and foreign entrepreneurs, who want to establish a business or do business in the Netherlands. On this portal you can find laws, rules and regulations as well as general and sectoral information from the Dutch government and semi-governmental organisations. Also, you will find Dutch or European subsidies you may be eligible for. Business.gov.nl is the English-language counterpart of Ondernemersplein. Business.gov.nl is an initiative of the Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations. The website was launched in August 2017.
Cooperating with the public sector
Both Business.gov.nl and Ondernemersplein.nl provide a single unified answer from the Dutch public sector about doing business in the Netherlands. Partners of Business.gov.nl include:
- Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO)
- Netherlands Chamber of Commerce (KVK)
- Dutch Tax and Customs Administration
- Dutch Immigration and Naturalisation Service (IND)
- Statistics Netherlands
The information on this website is provided by the respective partners. For questions or remarks on the content, you can contact the partners via the Contact page.
PSCs as Single Digital Gateway websites
Business.gov.nl is the Dutch business portal serving the goal of the European Union (EU) to improve the internal market via a Single Digital Gateway (SDG). As a PSC, Business.gov.nl offers EU citizens centralised access to business information in the Netherlands in a non-discriminatory way. It also links to online business procedures and assistance. PSCs work together through the EUGO network. See the European Commission website for more information about the EUGO network.
For citizen matters, foreign residents are referred to Government.nl. This website is the Point of Single Contact for all matters concerning living in the Netherlands.
Do you have a complaint about this website? Read our complaints procedure to find out where you can lodge your complaint.
There are several other governmental and non-governmental organisations that can help you find your way around the Dutch business landscape:
Ministries / central government
- Ministry of the Interior and Kingdom Relations
- Ministry of Economic Affairs and Climate Policy
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs
- Government.nl: Enterprise and Innovation
Business - general
- Higher Level - a forum for and by entrepreneurs, this website offers advice and help 24/7 for all your business questions. The website is partly available in English, and this facility will be extended in future.
Benefits and social insurance
IP and patents