Do you want to organise a mudflat walk (wadlooptocht)? You need to apply for a mudflat walking permit with the province of Friesland (in Dutch). The province of Friesland issues permits for al 3 provinces bordering on the Wadden Sea (Groningen, Friesland and Noord-Holland).
A mudflat walking permit is required for:
- nature education tours (in Dutch)
- walks organised by mud-flat walking organisations (in Dutch)
- walks on tidal plains (in Dutch)
- to organise walks for or act as a guide for groups of at most 12 people (in Dutch)
- solo mudflat walkers (in Dutch)
The fees for these permits depend on the type of permit.