Registration and recognition for private higher education institutes

Published by:
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
< 1 min read
Nederlandse versie

Do you have a private education institution? And do you want to issue legally recognised senior secondary vocational education (middelbaar beroepsonderwijs,MBO) or higher professional education (hoger beroepsonderwijs, HBO) diplomas? If so, you must apply for recognition for your course and register.

Applying for recognition

You apply for recognition for your course to Education Executive Agency (Dienst Uitvoering Onderwijs, DUO, in Dutch). If your MBO course is recognised you will be registered in the Central Register of Vocational Courses (Crebo, in Dutch). Recognised HBO courses will be listed in the Central Register of Higher Education Study Programmes (CROHO, in Dutch).

Existing institutes

If you run an existing institute and want to register a new HBO course in CROHO, you must apply for the new course assessment to the Dutch-Flemish Accreditation Organisation (NVAO). You must also register a change of location for your institute in CROHO.

This article is related to: