Do you want to invest or save in an eco-friendly ('green') manner? You can receive a tax benefit. Do you want to invest in environmentally friendly projects (in Dutch) in the Netherlands? You can request a 'green financing' loan from your bank. The interest on this loan is lower than you would normally pay. Both options are part of the Green Projects Scheme.
The Green Projects Scheme (Regeling Groenprojecten, in Dutch) stimulates new developments in environmental technology, circular economy, and durable and innovative (construction) projects.
When do you qualify?
You are eligible for benefits from the Green Projects Scheme if:
- you want to invest or save in an eco-friendly manner in the Netherlands
- you want to invest in a project eligible for a Green Declaration (groenverklaring, in Dutch).
More eligible projects
As of 1 June 2022 more projects are eligible for a Green Declaration, in 7 main categories:
- durable agriculture
- circular economy
- sustainable energy
- sustainable transportation
- climate adaptation
You can find out more about the 30 subcategories with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO, in Dutch), or contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency.
How to apply?
- Do you plan to save or invest eco-friendly? You can apply for a green savings or investment plan with various banks offering 'green funds' (groenfonds, in Dutch).
- Do you intend to invest in a 'green' project? You should first verify if the project you want to invest in is eligible for a Green Declaration (groenverklaring, in Dutch). This allows your bank to grant you a loan at a lower interest for this investment.