On this page
Do you have a company in the Netherlands and do you take 1 or more people into employment who are over the age of 56 and on unemployment benefits, or people who have an occupational disability? You may be eligible for Labour Costs Compensation (Loonkostenvoordeel, LKV), (in Dutch). The LKV is an annual compensation for employers who take 1 or more older people or persons with occupational limitations or disability on unemployment benefits into employment.
When do you qualify?
In order to receive Labour Costs Compensation (LKV), you need an LKV target group declaration (doelgroepverklaring, in Dutch) from your prospective employee. The employee must belong to one of the following groups:
- persons aged 56 or older
- persons with an occupational disability entering your employment for the first time
- persons eligible for protected employment placements as described in the so-called Jobs Agreement (Banenafspraak), an agreement between government and employers to improve the participation of this group in the labour market (in Dutch)
- persons with an occupational disability changing jobs within your organisation
Checklist financial CV
With a checklist you can easily find out which rules apply to you, simply by answering a number of questions. The checklist financial CV (Regelhulp financieel cv) is meant for both employers and employees.
- Are you an employer looking to hire an employee? You can use the checklist financial CV (in Dutch) to find out if any financial measures are available to you. You will also learn the amount of these benefits.
- Employees can use the checklist financial CV (in Dutch) to find out which financial measures are available to their (prospective) employer. The checklist provides them with an overview which they can use as a financial CV with their job application.
How to apply?
Prospective employees are not obliged to request a LKV target group declaration. Your prospective employee can apply for an LKV target group declaration (in Dutch) from the Employment Insurance Agency (UWV) if he or she belongs to one of the target groups listed above. If necessary, the prospective employee can authorise someone else to request an LKV target group declaration (in Dutch). This means you can apply for a target group declaration yourself, if your employee has authorised you.