LIFE is the European subsidy programme for the development and implementation of European nature conservation and environmental policy. The programme includes the following:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Circular economy and quality of life
- Clean energy transition
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
When do you qualify?
This subsidy scheme is available to EU public and private legal entities. The conditions vary depending on the sub-programme and the type of project. You can apply of your project idea contributes to for example:
- protected natural areas, nature restoration, and the protection of endangered species
- more efficient use of resources, circular design, or reuse of waste
- the improvement of air quality, water, soil, chemicals management, and the reduction of noise pollution
- mitigating climate change and adapting to climate change
- a faster roll-out of technology, digitisation, new services, and business models on the market
How to apply?
You can find calls for proposals for the LIFE programme on the EU's Funding & Tender Opportunities portal. The closing dates vary per subsidy.
You apply for subsidy through the eProposal portal of the European Commission. You can use the Dutch-language roadmap for applying by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) to prepare your application.