LIFE is the European subsidy programme for the development and implementation of European nature conservation and environmental policy. The programme includes the following:
- Nature and biodiversity
- Circular economy and quality of life
- Clean energy transition
- Climate change mitigation and adaptation
When do you qualify?
This subsidy scheme is available to EU public and private legal entities. The conditions vary depending on the sub-programme and the type of project. You can apply of your project idea contributes to for example:
- protected natural areas, nature restoration, and the protection of endangered species
- more efficient use of resources, circular design, or reuse of waste
- the improvement of air quality, water, soil, chemicals management, and the reduction of noise pollution
- mitigating climate change and adapting to climate change
- a faster roll-out of technology, digitisation, new services, and business models on the market
How to apply?
Currently there are no open calls. You can find calls for proposals for the LIFE programme on the EU's CINEA portal. The closing dates vary per subsidy.
You apply for subsidy through the eProposal portal of the European Commission. You can use the Dutch-language roadmap for applying by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) to prepare your application.