On this page
If you run a company in the Netherlands and one of your employees is ill or disabled, you can receive a subsidy in order to keep them employed (in Dutch). This could be for a modified toilet, stairlift or workplace modification.
A different subsidy is available for modified facilities for individual employees (in Dutch) such as a modified office chair or a braille display. The employee can take this equipment with them to his or her next employer. The employee applies to the Employee Insurance Agency (Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen, UWV) for this subsidy.
When do you qualify?
- You will incur additional expenses for facilities in order to hire or continue to employ the employee.
- You apply for the facility at UWV first. It is not possible to request allowances afterwards.
- You will have the employee working for you for at least another 6 months.
- The costs of the facilities are more than a specified amount, which depends on the employee's wage and the nature of their disability.
- The facilities cannot be transferred.
How to apply?
You can submit your application to UWV (in Dutch).