Subsidy for modifying a workstation

Published by:
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Checked 13 Mar 2023
< 1 min read
Nederlandse versie

Do you run a company in the Netherlands and do you want to keep or hire an employee who is ill or disabled? In order to do so, you may have to modify the workplace. For example by installing a modified toilet, or a stairlift. You can apply for a subsidy for such permanent changes (in Dutch).

When do you qualify?

  • You will incur additional expenses for facilities in order to hire or continue to employ the employee.
  • You will make necessary modifications to the workplace. Or you will purchase necessary equipment.
  • You will have the employee working for you for at least another 6 months.
  • The costs of the facilities are more than a specified amount. This amount depends on the employee's wage and the nature of their disability.
  • The employee cannot transfer the facilities to another employer.

Application equipment by employee

A different subsidy is available for modified facilities for individual employees such as a modified office chair or a braille display. The employee can take this equipment with them to their next employer. The employee applies to the Employee Insurance Agency (Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen, UWV) for this subsidy.

How to apply?

You apply for the facility to UWV (in Dutch). You have to apply before you make any costs for the facility. It is not possible to request allowances afterwards.

This webpage is part of an EU quality network

This article is related to:

Questions relating to this article?