Do you run a company in the Netherlands and is one of your employees ill or disabled? You can receive a subsidy in order to keep them employed (in Dutch), or in case you want to hire someone who is ill or disabled. The subsidy could be for a modified toilet, stairlift or workplace modification.
When do you qualify?
- You will incur additional expenses for facilities in order to hire or continue to employ the employee.
- You will make necessary modifications to the workplace. Or you will purchase necessary equipment.
- You will have the employee working for you for at least another 6 months.
- The costs of the facilities are more than a specified amount. This depends on the employee's wage and the nature of their disability.
- The facilities cannot be transferred.
Application equipment by employee
A different subsidy is available for modified facilities for individual employees such as a modified office chair or a braille display. The employee can take this equipment with them to his or her next employer. The employee applies to the Employee Insurance Agency (Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen, UWV) for this subsidy.
How to apply?
You apply for the facility first. It is not possible to request allowances afterwards. You can submit your application to UWV (in Dutch).