On this page
If you run a company in the Netherlands and one of your employees is ill or disabled, you can receive a subsidy in order to keep them employed. This could be for instance for an adjusted toilet, a stairlift or a workplace adjustment.
There is also a subsidy available for facilities such as an adjusted office chair or a braille display. The employee can take this with them to another employer. They apply for this subsidy himself to the Employee Insurance Agency (Uitvoeringsinstituut Werknemersverzekeringen, UWV).
When do you qualify?
- You will incur additional expenses for facilities in order to hire or continue to employ the employee.
- You apply for the facility at UWV first. It is not possible to request allowances afterwards.
- You will have the employee working for you for at least another 6 months.
- The costs of the facilities are more than a specified amount, which depends on the employee's wage and the nature of their disability.
- The facilities cannot be transferred.
How to apply?
You can submit your application to UWV.