On this page
Do you have a company in the Netherlands, and do you employ foreign workers on a temporary basis? In some cases you will have to provide suitable accommodation. This is the case:
- if it is included as a provision in the Collective Labour Agreement for your business sector
- if you employ workers who need a work permit
- if you have an employment agency or a company established outside of the Netherlands that employs workers in the Netherlands
The accommodation must meet a number of basic requirements regarding:
- sanitary facilities
In some cases you can withhold payment of wages to pay for accommodation. There are however strict conditions:
- You may withhold a maximum of 25% of the gross minimum wage.
- The landlord has to comply with the requirements of the SNF.