Classification, labelling and packaging of chemical substances and mixtures

Published by:
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
Checked 9 Nov 2022
< 1 min read
Nederlandse versie

Do you bring chemical substances and mixtures onto the Dutch market? You must keep to the European CLP regulation.

What is the CLP regulation?

CLP stands for Classification, Labelling, and Packaging. Are you a manufacturer, importer, or professional user (downstream user) of chemical substances and mixtures? The CLP regulation describes how you should classify, label, and package chemical substances and mixtures according to the Globally Harmonized System of Classification and Labelling of Chemicals (GHS). As a result employees and consumers in the EU will have clear information on the hazards of chemical substances and mixtures.

Duty to report

As a manufacturer or importer of chemical substances (in Dutch), you have a duty to report. You must report the classification and labelling of chemical substances to the European Chemicals Agency (ECHA). You must report within 1 month of bringing the chemical substance on the market.

Registration product

Do you supply mixtures? You must provide information on these products to ECHA. The National Poisons Information Centre (NVIC) uses your information to inform medical aid workers about symptoms, diagnosis, and treatment of acute poisoning with hazardous substance.

This webpage is part of an EU quality network

Questions relating to this article?

Please contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO