Logo Dutch central governmentLogo Business.gov.nl, government information for entrepreneurs.MenuSearchSearch

One-off payment for the extraction of hydrocarbons

This information is provided by:Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONederlandse versie

Do you have a licence to extract hydrocarbons? And are you using a site for the extraction? Then you must pay a one-off fee for this to the province where the site is located.

Find out more or arrange now

at your municipality, province, or water authority

When do you pay to the province?

You must pay 1 lump sum to the province if:

  • you have a hydrocarbon extraction licence or if you are co-holder of the licence and have been designated to make the payment
  • you use a site in the province to extract hydrocarbons
  • the mining structures required for extraction are present on the site

How much you have to pay depends on the size of the site. Your province can provide more information on this.

Related articles

To top