Do you run a project that focuses on saving energy, generating sustainable energy or stimulating the use of sustainable energy? Or do you mass-produce products from waste material? You may be eligible for the subsidy Demonstration of Energy Innovation (DEI+). This subsidy aims to contribute to economical (and ecological) growth in the Netherlands.
When do you qualify?
In order to qualify, your project must meet certain conditions (in Dutch). Your project must be innovative and you must comply with the general conditions for the Topsector Energie measures. See for instance the general criteria for energy innovation subsidies (in Dutch).
The subsidy DEI+ covers a number of topics, including:
- circular economy (only for large projects subsidised for over €3 million)
- energy efficiency
- flexibility of the energy system, including pilot projects for hydrogen
- renewable energy
- local infrastructure
- carbon capture, utilisation, and storage (CCUS)
- any other measures that reduce CO2 emissions in the built environment, or the electricity or production industries
- houses, buildings, and blocks that do not use gas (in Dutch)
You can find more information on these topics on the Netherlands Enterprise Agency's website (in Dutch).
How to apply
You can apply for the DEI+ subsidy (in Dutch) from 1 April 2022, 09.00 hours until 10 January 2023, 17.00 hours to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO). Read more on the application process (in Dutch).
You can apply for 'houses, buildings and blocks that do not use gas' from 1 April 2022, 09.00 hours until 10 January 2023, 17.00 hours. Read more on the application process (in Dutch).