Do you want to comply with the energy transition, but is your SME located in a region where it is difficult to make use of renewable energy alternatives? For instance, because the area is dependent on the use of fossil fuels? You can apply for financial help from the Just Transition Fund (JTF).
Who can apply?
The JTF is available to SMEs, non-profit organizations, research institutes, and governments in these regions:
You must use the JTF funds for:
- innovation, such as experiments with new technologies
- investments in technologies, systems, and infrastructure
- improving the local labour market by training and retraining of employees, and by creating new jobs
Each region has a transition plan which describes the challenges specific to the region and the changes that are necessary. Your project idea must offer solutions to these challenges.
How to apply
There are multiple calls for applications for each region:
- for calls in southern Netherlands you can apply to Stimulus Programmemanagement (in Dutch)
- for calls in northern Netherlands you can apply to SNN (in Dutch)
- for calls in Groot-Rijnmond and calls in IJmond you can apply to Opportunities for West (Kansen voor West, in Dutch)