Are you an entrepreneur and do you want to invest in a new heat network (district heating and block heating) to make homes gas-free? You can apply for the Heat Networks Investment Subsidy (Warmtenetten Investeringssubsidie, WIS) for the part of the costs you cannot earn back.
When do you qualify?
You can apply for this subsidy if you meet the conditions (in Dutch), among others:
- You invest in a heat network for small consumer connections (less than 100 Kilowatt) or block heating in existing buildings.
- The heat network is intended for at least 250 connections spread over at least five existing buildings.
- The heat network is meant to heat spaces and domestic tap water.
- The duration of your project takes no more than 7 years.
- 60% of your customers must be connected to the new heating network within 7 years.
- It is not possible to earn back your entire investment without subsidy.
How to apply?
You can apply for the Heat Networks Investment subsidy until 16 December 2023, 17:00 hours to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO, in Dutch). You can first get your project idea checked by RVO (in Dutch).