Are you a healthcare provider? If you share medical data with other healthcare providers, this must be done electronically (via the internet) and not via, for example, paper, fax, or DVDs. The goal is to prevent mistakes and improve communication.
- Agreements will be made about language requirements and the use of the same professional terms.
- The systems that healthcare providers use to exchange data must communicate better with each other.
- There will be a NEN standard (Royal Netherlands Standardization Institute) to standardise the exchange of data.
- There will be mandatory certification for the IT products and services you use when sharing medical information.
- As a start, it will be mandatory to exchange medical prescriptions electronically.
- healthcare providers
- healthcare professionals
- providers of IT products and services
- certifying agencies
The Electronic data exchange in healthcare Act (Wet Elektronische gegevensuitwisseling in de zorg, Wegiz) will come into force on 1 July 2023.