It will be possible for screening authority Justis to deny a specific certificate of conduct (VOG) based on police data only. Now it is only possible to deny someona a VOG if judicial data of the applicant are in the Judicial Documentation System (Justitieel Documentatie Systeem, JDS) and police data are auxiliary. To allow this a new type of VOG will be introduced.
Certificate of conduct based on police data
A new type of certificate of conduct (VOG) will be introduced, especially for specific sensitive positions that require a high level of integrity. This is the certificate of conduct – police data (VOG-politiegegevens). Police data can be a reason to deny this VOG-politiegegevens. Justis will assess the police data that are available for the applicant.
The VOG-politiegegevens will be implemented for positions as designated by ministerial decree. It concerns positions
- with the authority to use violence
- with access to sensitive information regarding public order, safety and maintaining legal order
- with involvement in integrity assessments by public administrations
There are significant differences between a VOG and a VOG-politiegegevens: the VOG- politiegegevens is only required for very specific sensitive positions that require a high level of integrity.
- entrepreneurs who employ staff who need a VOG-politiegegevens
- entrepreneurs who need a VOG-politiegegevens
This change in regulation will come into effect on 1 July 2022.