On this page
Are you a franchisee or franchiser? There will be official regulations for the franchise sector. These will strengthen the position of the franchisee.The regulations will cover four areas:
- the exchange of information before closing the franchise contract
- changing an existing franchise contract
- the consultation between a franchiser and their franchisees
- ending a franchise collaboration
A new law will state the minimum of critical information the franchiser needs to give before the franchise contract is closed.
- entrepreneurs who are franchisers
- entrepreneurs who are franchisees
The law concerning franchises is expected to come into effect on 1 January 2021.
Please note: The effective date of this measure is not yet final. Entry into force is subject to its passing through the upper and lower houses of parliament or proclamation of the Order in Council (Algemene Maatregel van Bestuur, AMvB) or ministerial decree and publication in the Staatsblad or the Staatscourant (in Dutch).