The government supports businesses affected by the corona crisis. Because many corona measures are no longer needed, many schemes have ended on 1 October 2021. For some sectors, corona support still continues. For example, because their business cannot yet fully open their doors. This page lists the support schemes that are still available.
On this page
Repaying corona support
The NOW, Tozo, and Tonk schemes have closed. Did you make use of these schemes and do you need to repay some of the received support? Read more about whether or not you have to repay corona support. As of 1 October, you can also no longer apply for a special tax payment extension with the Tax Administration. You have to pay your taxes on time again.
Reimbursement Fixed Costs (TVL): apply for 3rd quarter by 26 October
Has your turnover decreased by at least 30% due to the corona crisis? Then you can get the Reimbursement Fixed Costs (TVL) through the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO). The TVL scheme runs until September 2021 and will not be extended after that. You can apply for the TVL for the 3rd quarter of 2021 until 26 October 2021, 17:00 CEST.
TVL for 3rd quarter of 2021
The most important adjustments for the TVL in the 3rd quarter (in Dutch) are:
- Companies that started between 15 March 2020 and 30 June 2020 can also apply for TVL. You can choose between 2 reference periods to calculate your revenue loss: Q3 2019 or Q3 2020. For the reference period Q3 2020, you may not count corona subsidies received as turnover.
- You will be reimbursed for 100% of your fixed costs.
- Non-SMEs can also apply for TVL. On RVO.nl you can find more information on TVL for large enterprises.
- The minimum amount for a company's fixed costs is € 1,500 per quarter. The amount of your fixed costs is calculated by the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) on the basis of your SBI code, and is not based on your actual fixed expenses.
- You will receive a subsidy of at least € 1,500 per quarter. Even if RVO's calculation is lower. The maximum subsidy amount per quarter is € 550,000 for SMEs. For non-SME companies, the maximum subsidy amount in the 3rd quarter is € 600,000. You do not pay taxes over these amounts.
Applying for TVL
You can apply for the TVL for the 3rd quarter of 2021 up until 26 October 2021, 17:00 CEST. Read more about the TVL application or apply directly.
TVL premium for agriculture and horticulture businesses
You get an additional 21% premium for the special costs of keeping plants and animals alive. This premium is added to the percentage of fixed costs. You can get a maximum of € 225,000 premium for all TVL periods combined.
Read more about the premium for special costs in agriculture and horticulture (in Dutch).
Extension of TVL night closure hospitality sector (VLN) up to and including Q4
Have you lost turnover because your restaurant has to close between midnight and 06:00? You can also get the TVL for your fixed costs in the 4th quarter of 2021.
Do you have at least 50% less turnover in the 4th quarter than in the 4th quarter of 2019? And did you receive TVL in the 2nd and 3rd quarter? If so, you can apply for the Reimbursement fixed costs night closure hospitality sector (VLN). Nightclubs and discotheques still have to close between 00:00 and 06:00 until at least 1 November.
Read more about the extension for the TVL for hospitality businesses that operate at night (VLN).
Subsidy scheme for cancelled events
There is a subsidy scheme for events scheduled between 1 July and 31 December 2021. Can the event not take place because of corona? Then you can apply for compensation for costs incurred.
Read more about the Subsidy for events cancelled due to corona measures.
Credits and loans
The government has made extra money available for existing and new credit schemes. You can still apply for these corona financing schemes in the 4th quarter of 2021:
- Qredits bridging credit
- Small Credits Guarantee for SMEs (KKC)
- Extended SME credit guarantee scheme (BMKB-C)
- Business Loan Guarantee scheme (GO-C)
- TOA relaunch credit
Voucher funds for travel agencies
Do you not have enough money to pay customers who want to exchange their travel voucher for money? Then you can make use of the voucher funds provided by the foundation Stichting Garantiefonds Reisgelden (SGR). The scheme only applies to providers of package holidays. Read how to apply for voucher funds on the SGR website (in Dutch).
Support package physical bookstores
Do you own a bookstore and do you have too little money to buy stock because of the corona measures? There will be 2 temporary support measures: an stimulation scheme and a guarantee fund.
You can apply to the Booksellers Association (Boekverkopersbond, in Dutch) for compensation for distribution costs incurred in 2021 until 15 November 2021. Read more about the temporary stimulation scheme for bookshops.
Credit guarantee Fund
From 11 October - 30 November, bookshops can apply for 40% extra credit to the Centraal Boekhuis. For more information about the credit guarantee fund (in Dutch) see the Nederlandse Letteren website.
Subsidy for storage of fireworks
Do you sell or trade in fireworks? And did you have to store fireworks for a longer time period because of the fireworks ban for New Year’s Eve 2020/2021? Then you can apply for a subsidy for storage and transport costs.