You must apply for a modification permit if the change results in any of these situations:
- your business activity nolonger matches your permit
- a change to the facilities causes it to (partially) fall into a different category than the permit was issued for
- there are new or more harmful consequences for the environment than allowed under your current permit
Changing your permit
You can apply for a modification through the service counter all-in-one permit for physical aspects (Omgevingsloket Online, OLO, in Dutch). In general a regular preparatory procedure applies, with a decision-making period of 8 weeks.
If the change in your business formation does not cause a change in the environmental impact of your business, you can apply for an environmentally neutral all-in-one permit via the OLO (in Dutch).
Activities Decree notification
- your business is a type C establishment with an extensive environmental impact, and
- your new business activity falls under Chapter 3 of the Activities Decree Environmental Management Act.