Logo of the Dutch governmentGo to homepage

Government support for entrepreneurs

This article is related to:

Childcare centre and playgroup accommodation requirements

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency

If you run a day nursery, location for out-of-school care or playgroup in the Netherlands, you must provide suitably furnished rooms for play and rest. These rooms must be geared to the number of children and their age.

The 2012 Buildings Decree (Bouwbesluit 2012) and the Quality of Childcare Facilities and Playground Facilities Decree (Besluit kwaliteit kinderopvang en peuterspeelzalen) contain specific building requirements for childcare centres. The requirements with regard to the space and furnishing and fittings of playgroups differ from one municipality to another. Please contact your municipality for more information.

Virtual childcare centre

A virtual childcare centre (virtueel kinderdagverblijf, VKD) is currently under construction to advise childcare organisations on the design and furnishing of their accommodation. When it is ready registering with the renewed virtual childcare centre will no longer be free of charge. For more information about designing and furnishing childcare centres visit the Accommodation for Education and Childcare Foundation (Ruimte OK)External link website or contact Ruimte OKExternal link.

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency