Logo Dutch central governmentLogo Business.gov.nl, government information for entrepreneurs.MenuSearchSearch

Childminding location set-up requirements

This information is provided by:Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONederlandse versie

A childminder (gastouder) is responsible for looking after children in a family situation. In the Netherlands, a childminder may offer childcare at their home address as well as at the child's own home.

If the child is being minded at their own home, more than one childminder may be registered there. However, they must work there on separate days or times. Any persons of 18 years of age or older who share the childminding premises with a registered childminder, must also have a Certificate of Good Conduct (VOG). A childminder can offer childcare at multiple home addresses.

Locations for childminding must satisfy different requirements such as:

  • There is a separate sleeping area or bedroom for children younger than 18 months.
  • There is sufficient playing space inside and outside.
  • The home is completely smoke-free and there are sufficient smoke alarms that work correctly.

Related articles

To top