Logo of the Dutch government

Declaration of collective transport

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Do you intend to start a bus/coach or taxi company in the Netherlands as a general partnership (vennootschap onder firma, VOF)? You need a declaration of collective transport. General partnerships must have this declaration to apply for a permit to operate a taxi service or a licence to offer bus or coach services.

With this declaration, you confirm that the partners run the bus/coach or taxi company at their joint expense and risk.

How to apply as a general partnership?

When you apply for a business permit to operate a taxi service or a community licence for bus or coach services, you need to send in a completed Declaration of collective transport form (pdf, in Dutch) from Kiwa Register with your application.

Mutual liability criteria

A general partnership must meet the mutual liability criteria (gezamenlijkheidscriterium) to ensure that each partner has the same risk and reward in the partnership. Kiwa Register will evaluate your application on:

  • the equal distribution of profit
  • the equal distribution of costs (such as insurance or temporary replacements due to illness)
  • 3rd party liability

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO
FAQPartnersContactAbout usDisclaimerPrivacy and cookiesAccessibilityOndernemersplein (Dutch) is an initiative of:Netherlands Chamber of Commerce, KVKNetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVOImmigration and Naturalisation Service, INDTax and Customs Administration, BelastingdienstGovernment.nlStatistics Netherlands, CBSNetherlands Vehicle Authority, RDWDigital Trust CenterEuropean Commission Point of Single is the Dutch Point of Single Contact for entrepreneurs.Accessibility level: W3C WAI-AA WCAG 2.1