Examples of for which you need an environmental exemption are:
- hand over industrial waste to someone without a permit
- dispose of waste water or waste materials without meeting the conditions
- dumping and/or burning waste outside a facility intended for that purpose
Conditions for an environmental exemption
You can only apply for an Exemption from the Environmental Management Act (Wet Milieubeheer) if:
- environmental protection is not at risk
- the waste or waste water management is effective
- it does not concern hazardous waste
Your province may have additional requirements for the exemption. Conditions may also differ depending on your plans.
Applying for an environmental exemption
You apply for the exemption to your regional, provincial, or municipal environmental department. Do you have to properly dispose of hazardous waste? Then you apply for an exemption to the Ministry of Infrastructure and Water Management.