Logo of the Dutch governmentGo to homepage

Government information for entrepreneurs


This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

To lease (pachten) is to rent agricultural land and/or farms with the intention of farming. The lease is determined through an agreement between the owner (lessor) and the lessee. In the Netherlands, the maximum lease prices are set by law.

Agricultural Tenancies Authorities

The Dutch Agricultural Tenancies AuthoritiesExternal link (Grondkamers) play an important role in leasing. These authorities are involved in, for example, the testing and registration of lease agreements. Various charges apply.

If you have any questions about leasing or regarding an application submitted by you to one of the Agricultural Tenancies Authorities, please contact the Netherlands Enterprise Agency service deskExternal link.

Digital lease contracts

You can send the lease agreement online to the Dutch Agricultural Tenancies Authorities. Paper versions are no longer requested. To do so, you will need to register with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency.

Lease prices

The maximum lease prices are set annually, based on a set of standards. As of 1 July 2018 new standard regional lease pricesExternal link (in Dutch) apply. Until then the 2017 standard lease pricesExternal link apply.

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO