On this page
In many Dutch municipalities you will need permission, exemption or a permit to use a loudspeaker van or advertising vehicle for advertising purposes. You apply for this to your local municipality.
Do you want to use a loudspeaker van to play music or advertise? You first need to check with your local municipality what the rules are. In some municipalities, loudspeaker vans are banned in certain areas.
When you apply for a permit, permission or exemption, you should state:
- why you need a loudspeaker van
- the time and date you will use it
- how loud your advertising message or music will be played
- which route you intend to take
If you have an advertising vehicle and you want to park it on the public road for advertising purposes, you have to apply for an exemption to your local municipality. You should state:
- which vehicle you will use for advertising
- the size of the advertising message on your vehicle
- for which company you will advertise
- where and when you will advertise
Do you have a company vehicle that carries advertising for your own company? And is the main purpose of the vehicle travel for work? You do not need a permit or exemption.