Logo Dutch central governmentLogo Business.gov.nl, government information for entrepreneurs.MenuSearchSearch

Notification of construction work

This information is provided by:Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONederlandse versie

If you want to do construction work or renovation work in the Netherlands (as a client or main contractor), you must notify the Netherlands Labour Authority (Nederlandse Arbeidsinspectie, NLA) in advance.

In which cases do you notify a construction work?

You must notify construction or renovation if:

  • the construction work is estimated to take more than 30 working days to complete and more than 20 employees will be working on site at the same time;
  • the construction work is estimated to take more than 500 man-days to complete (for example, 10 employees working for 50 days or 5 employees working for 100 days).

Notifying construction work

You must notify your construction work (in Dutch) in the portal of the NLA before starting the activities. This may be done by the client or main contractor (on behalf of the client). To make a notification in the portal, you must apply for authorisation (in Dutch).

You have to put up a copy of the notification at the building site. Does something change in the construction work plans? You must notify these changes to the NLA. If the work involves more parties or if it is hazardous, you must also draw up a Health and Safety Plan.

Related articles

To top