If you sell products in the Netherlands and you have discovered a product you sold was unsafe, or a customer has complained about an unsafe product, you must report this to the Netherlands Food and Consumer Product Safety Authority (Nederlandse Voedsel- en Warenautoriteit, NVWA). You must also notify your suppliers.
You report to the NVWA:
- the risks the unsafe product poses
- what you have done or will do to eliminate the risk(s)
How to make sure your product is safe?
- As a producer you must assess the risk of your product, examine it and if necessary adjust it.
- As a distributor you must gather, supply and pass on information on the product.
- As a retailer you must supply information on unsafe products immediatley to your suppliers.