On this page
Do you organise (professional sports) events or (youth) activities? Or are you an entrepreneur in the cultural sector? You must use an entry pass system as of 25 September 2021. With the corona entry pass system it will be possible to organise social activities more often and for more people.
As of 25 September, the 1.5-metre social distancing rule is no longer in place. You must use the corona entry pass system for certain events that are allowed during the corona crisis. All other basic corona rules such as washing your hands regularly and making sure there is a good flow of fresh air, remain in place.
Visitors of outside hospitality venues (such as terraces) don’t need a corona entry pass. However, if they want to go inside (to use the toilet or to pay) they need to show their corona entry pass.Children under 13 can enter without a corona entry pass. You need to review both the corona entry pass and the identification of any visitor of 14 years or older.
When is the use of the corona entry pass system mandatory?
- in the hospitality sector (such as bars and restaurants, also when part of a store, hotel or sports location)
- at casino's
- at festivals
- with events (both in- and outdoors, with- or without allocated seating)
- at weddings in public locations
- at professional sporting events (only for spectators)
- in the cultural sector (such as cinema's, theatres, concerts)
When is the use of the corona entry pass system not mandatory?
- on outside terraces as part of a venue in the hospitality sector (such as bars and restaurants)
- funeral homes during funerals
- in airports (after security)
- at care facilities
- at goods markets
- at museums, amusement parks (except hospitality, events and shows), funfairs and nature- or wildlife parks
- at amateur sporting events
- in schools
- at venues for practicing art, culture and sports
- at events where people do not spend long standing in a single spot (doorstroomevenementen), except for open locations such as town fairs.
Capacity with corona entry pass system
- outdoors with or without allocated seating: 100% capacity, no mandatory closing times
- indoors with allocated seating: 100% capacity, no mandatory closing times
- indoors without allocated seating: 75% capacity, mandatory closing times between 00:00 and 06:00 hours.
How does the corona entry pass system work?
Does a person have a valid corona test certificate, valid proof of vaccination or proof of recovery? They can put these certificates in the CoronaCheck app on their smartphone. Proof of vaccination is valid from no earlier than at least 2 weeks after full vaccination (in Dutch) and from 4 weeks after a Janssen vaccination. A negative corona test result can only be used as a valid test certificate within 24 hours of testing. With the CoronaCheck app they can generate the corona entry pass as a QR code. They may also print a copy of the corona entry pass through CoronaCheck.nl. EU residents may use an EU Digital COVID Certificate (DCC).
Checking the result
As the organiser or business owner you can check if a person has a valid corona entry pass with the CoronaCheck scanner. You, or one of your employees, scan the CoronaCheck app QR code on the visitor’s phone or on their printed copy. If the screen turns green the person has a valid corona entry pass, if it turns red the corona entry pass is not valid or not available. You cannot see which type of certificate they have. You can only verify that their corona entry pass is valid. Then you must check if the data on your screen match the data on the proof of identity.
It is your responsibility as the organiser or as the business owner to check the corona entry pass in the CoronaCheck app or a printed version of the corona entry pass. You should make sure you check the corona entry pass in a safe way.
Registering events where you use the corona entry pass system
You need to register your event through the Testing for entrance website (in Dutch) if:
- you need a one-time permit from the municipal authorities and you expect at least 1,000 attendees
- you organise an event in a large event location with a permanent permit and you expect at least 3,000 attendees