Logo Dutch central governmentLogo Business.gov.nl, government information for entrepreneurs.MenuSearchSearch

Visa application for business partners

This information is provided by:Netherlands Enterprise Agency, RVONetherlands Enterprise Agency, RVO

Visa application for business partners

If you are established in the Netherlands and receive a visit from a foreign business partner who intends to stay for less than 3 months, they may have to apply for a visa, depending on their nationality. They can apply for this visa at the Dutch embassy or consulate in their country.

There are different types of visas, such as a short-stay visa (Schengen visa) and a long-stay visa (MVV) if they want to stay in the Netherlands for more than 90 days.

You can check the Netherlands Ministry of Foreign Affairs Consular Services' Schengen Visa Advisor to find out which type of visa is needed.

Invitation letter

Your foreign business partner may need an invitation letter from you in order to obtain a visa. The requirements for such a letter depend on the circumstances in their home country. This letter must be sent to your business partner and must be taken along when he or she requests the visa. Dutch embassy websites often provide information on the application procedure. For a stay of over 90 days different rules apply.

Related articles

To top