If you run a business in the Netherlands, you have to pay national taxes, like VAT and income tax or corporate income tax. There are also taxes you pay for services in your town or region of residence: municipal taxes, and Regional Water Authority Tax. You pay these taxes to your municipality or to the Regional Water Authority.
- Property tax (onroerende zaak belasting, ozb) - for property you own
- Waste collection charge - for the waste collected by the municipality
- Sewerage charge - for using the sewerage system
- Municipal tax on encroachments on or above public land (precariobelasting) - if you place an object on municipal land, for instance a billboard or a container
- Advertising tax - for advertising in public spaces
- Regional Water Authority Tax (waterschapsbelasting) - you pay this tax for several water-connected services, such as prufication of wastewater