What is an EORI number?
The EORI number is an identification number. EORI stands for Economic Operators Registration and Identification. You need this number if you have contact with customs, in the Netherlands or in other countries. For example, if you export products from the Netherlands to non-EU countries and file an export declaration for this purpose. The EORI number speeds up the exchange of your data with other countries.
How to get an EORI number
There are 2 ways of getting an EORI number: you can apply for one, or create one yourself. Whether you can create your EORI number yourself or need to apply for one depends on your situation.
Create an EORI number
You can create your own EORI number if:
- your company has an RSIN number and
- you file the customs declaration yourself.
Apply for an EORI number
You must always apply for an EORI number if:
- someone else, like an accountant or customs agent, files customs declarations in the Netherlands on your behalf;
- you or a third party submit customs declarations abroad;
- your company has its head office outside the EU;
- you have a sole proprietorship.
EORI application forms
There are two application forms for an EORI number:
How can I look up an EORI number?
Do you want to find out whether an EORI number actually exists? Then do an EORI number check. Go to the EU database and type in the number. The EORI check then shows whether the number is valid.
More about the EORI number
The EORI number has replaced the old customs or TIN number. More information about the EORI number can be found on the website of Dutch Customs, the Douane.