DAP is an Incoterms® rule with many obligations for the seller. The seller carries the costs and risk until the agreed destination. For example, the buyer’s business address, or another inland location in the destination country.
Seller arranges and pays for:
- Transport to the agreed destination location. For example, the buyer’s business address, a distribution centre, or another inland location in the destination country.
- Export formalities and documents.
Buyer arranges and pays for:
- Transport from the agreed destination location to any other final destination.
- Unloading at the agreed location.
- Import formalities and local import documents.
- Trade within and outside the EU.
- All forms of transport (rail, air, road, water).
- Payment by Letter of Credit or documentary collection.
Not or less suitable for:
Transfer of risk from seller to buyer:
- Once seller transfers the goods, not yet unloaded, to buyer at the agreed destination location.
Points of attention:
- Agree upon the exact place at the destination location.