Are you an exporter, importer, or logistics service provider? And does Brexit have negative consequences for your business? Or are you a fisherman and does Brexit have a negative impact on your fishing company? You can apply for Brexit Adjustment Reserve (BAR) subsidy. The BAR is a one-off scheme from the European Union (EU).
The BAR is meant for:
- international entrepreneurs who do business, or who have done business with the United Kingdom
- fishermen affected by Brexit
Who can apply?
If you are an international entrepreneur, you can make use of:
- The EU trade programme to find new markets within the EU (in Dutch).
- Compensation scheme for adaptation costs (in Dutch).
- Compensation scheme for future adaptation costs (in Dutch).
Are you a fisherman? There are 3 schemes for fishermen affected by Brexit (in Dutch):
- Dismantling of fishing vessels scheme for fishermen who want to stop fishing (sanering van vissersvaartuigen, SVV, in Dutch). Please note that this scheme is closed now
- Subsidy scheme for laying-up of (fishing) vessels in the years 2021, 2022 and 2023 (Vissersvaartuig stilliggen Brexit, VSB)
- Liquidity scheme for compensation of lost income in the 1st quarter of 2021 (Steun voor inkomensverlies visserijsector, SIV)
When are you eligible?
You can find out if you are eligible for the BAR by using the Dutch-language Brexit Adjustment Reserve Tool or by answering these 5 questions in an online form (in Dutch) on the website of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO):
- Do you do business with the United Kingdom?
- Have you lost revenue because of Brexit?
- Have you lost market share because of Brexit?
- Did you have to hire or instead fire people because of Brexit?
- Did you encounter trade obstacles because of Brexit?
How to apply?
You can register for the EU Trade Programme (in Dutch) with the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO).
You can apply for the compensation scheme for adaptation costs (in Dutch) until 31 March 2023 17:00 hours.
You can no longer apply for the compensation scheme for future adaptation costs (in Dutch). You could apply until 13 January 2023, 17:00 hours.
You can no longer apply for the Dismantling of fishing vessels subsidy scheme (SVV). It is not yet known when the SIV and VSB schemes will be available.
More information about the BAR can be found at the website of the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) (in Dutch).