On this page
Start-ups, scale-ups an innovative SMEs that need financing as a result of the corona crisis, can apply for the Corona bridging loan (COL). This measure is meant for business that are dependent on investors. SMEs that have financed their growth with their own resources can apply for COL under certain conditions.
The Corona bridging loan consists of 3 types of loans:
- Bridging loan of €50,000 to €250,000. You pay 3% interest.
- Bridging loan of €250,000 to €500,000. You pay 3% interest. 25% of the loan should be generated by for instance existing shareholders.
- Bridging loan of €500,000 to €2 million. You pay 3% interest and a premium of 2% per year. 25% of the loan should be generated by for instance existing shareholders.
Who can apply?
You can claim the Corona bridging loan if you fulfil certain requirements:
- you are a start-up, scale-up or innovative SME
- you will use the bridging loan for payment obligations and/or investments
- your liquidity figures over a period of 12 months show your payment problems due to the corona crisis
- you explain why you need the funding the coming 9 months
- to make sure you can repay the loan, the regional development corporation (Regionale Ontwikkelingsmaatschappij, ROM) will check your outstanding (bank) loans
- you can show the annual accounts for 208 and 2019 and the budget for 2020 (where available)
- you substantiate your falling turnover
- the ROM will check whether or not your company already falls in the category of businesses in trouble
- you must state which cost reducing measures you have already taken and which other government measures you make use of
- you may not apply to (or have applied to) other government corona measures
- you must repay the loan within 3 years
- this is a one-time funding, unless the government decides to prolong the measure because the crisis lasts longer than expected
- you cannot negotiate the terms and conditions
Read more on the terms and conditions on the website of ROM Netherlands (in Dutch)
How to apply?
You can apply for this bridging loan from Wednesday 29 April 2020 through a special portal (in Dutch, English translations can be found further down the page) which can be reached through the websites of the ROMs, Techleap and Invest-NL. The Corona bridging loan (COL) measure is executed by the Regional Development Corporations.