On this page
Are you the owner of an SME (maximum of 250 employees)? And did you suffer a turnover loss of more than 30% due to the corona crisis? You may be eligible for the Reimbursement for Fixed Costs for SMEs (Tegemoetkoming Vaste Lasten mkb, TVL).
What is the Reimbursement for Fixed Costs?
This reimbursement is meant for SME’s that have suffered a turnover loss of more than 30%, to help them pay their fixed costs. Fixed costs are for instance rent, insurances, leases, maintenance and subscriptions. Please note: wage costs are not included. These are compensated through the NOW: Temporary Emergency Bridging Measure for Sustained Employment.
The reimbursement is based on the total turnover loss. Fixed costs will be calculated as a percentage of your turnover loss. Part of that percentage will be reimbursed. The calculation per sector is being elaborated. The maximum amount is €20,000 per 3 months. This reimbursement is for the months June through August 2020. You can still apply for the TOGS until 26 June 2020.
Who can apply?
SME’s that you have suffered turnover losses due to the corona crisis and because of this cannot pay their fixed costs, can apply for this measure. Entrepreneurs who were eligible for the Reimbursement for entrepreneurs in affected sectors (TOGS) can apply for this measure. Check if your main or secondary activity is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KVK) under a required SBI code (in Dutch). Hospitality, recreational enterprises, gyms, events, fairs, sauna’s wellness centres, venues and theatres are included.
Conditions for the Reimbursement for Fixed Costs
To be eligible for this reimbursement you must comply with these conditions:
- You have at most 250 employees
- You have suffered a turnover loos of at least 30% due to the corona crisis
- Your company has been established and registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KVK) before 15 March 2020.
- Your main or secondary activity is registered with the Dutch Chamber of Commerce (KVK) under a required SBI code (in Dutch).
- Your company has a branch in the Netherlands
- Companies not in the hospitality sector or itinerant trade (such as market and street trade, taxi transport, driving schools and fairs)
- have at least 1 branch that is not the home address of the owner(s).
- You have not petitioned for bankruptcy of filed for suspension of payment
- You are a not a public company
How to apply?
You can apply for this reimbursement to the Netherlands Enterprise Agency (RVO) from mid-June. To apply you will need eHerkenning level 1. The exact date you an apply, will be announced at a later date. If you want to be informed on the status of the Reimbursement for Fixed Costs you can fill out this Dutch-language form.