On this page
Are you a professional artist or do you own a cultural enterprise or organisation in the creative sector? And do you want to invest in your professional future? You can apply for the Cultuurlening loan of up to €40,000.
What is the Cultuurlening?
You can use the Cultuurlening from the Fund Culture and Financing (Fonds Cultuur+Financiering, in Dutch) to finance ideas or projects that will further you professional practice, professionalism or cultural entrepreneurship. For instance to buy an instrument, refurbish or convert your working area or pre-finance costs. The loan is at least €1,000 and at most €40,000 (€60,000 in some municipalities and provinces). The duration of the loan is at most 6 years. The interest rate is 1%.
You cannot use the funds to finance costs of living, emergencies, rent for housing, nor to pay off or refinance debts.
Who can apply?
To apply for the Cultuurlening (in Dutch) you must fulfil the conditions:
- You have completed training at a professional art school. Or you can prove you have worked as a professional artist for at least 3 years. In this case you have to fill out the artist assessment form (in Dutch).
- As a cultural organisation you have to show that you are professionally and commercially active in the cultural sector.
- The purpose of the loan is in line with your profession or enterprise
- You have a realistic and feasible artistic plan. One of the aims of this plan is to earn revenue, among others revenues from the public.
- You describe how you will repay the loan. If you loan more than €10,000 you must also supply a business plan with your application.
- Artists must have the Dutch nationality or a residence permit for the duration of the loan. Your official (main) residence is in the Netherlands.
How to apply?
You can apply for the Cultuurlening through the Foundation for Culture+Entrepreneurship (Stichting Cultuur+Ondernemen, in Dutch). The foundation will assess your application. A personal interview is part of the process.