Effective date: 1 July 2021
On this page
What has changed?
Do you use telemarketing? There are some changes in what you are allowed:
- Cold calling is banned. Companies and organisations will only be allowed to phone customers and entrepreneurs without legal personality if they have given their explicit consent for this (opt in).
- Telemarketing aimed at existing customers is limited as well: you can only call them for a limited amount of time. This period will be determined by self-regulation. After this maximum period, they will have to opt in.
- You are no longer allowed to call using a private number, your phone number should always be visible when calling.
- telemarketing companies
- entrepreneurs using telemarketing
- entrepreneurs without legal personality (on the receiving end)
This change in the Telecommunications act has come into force on 1 July 2021.