On this page
If you run a business in the Netherlands, you will have to pay a higher sustainable energy surcharge (ODE) rate to your energy supplier in 2021 and 2022. You pay ODE per used kWh of electricity or m3 of gas. It has been agreed in the Climate Agreement that businesses should make a larger contribution than households as of 2020.
In 2021, depending on how much you use, you will pay:
- between €0.002 and €0.076 more per m3 natural gas than in 2020
- between €0.008 and €0.020 more per m3 natural gas in greenhouse horticulture than in 2020
- between €0.020 and €0.036 more per kWh electricity than in 2020
- if you use more than 10,000,000 kWh of electricity, you will pay the same rate as in 2020
- All companies that use energy. A number of sectors is exempted.
This change has come into effect on 1 January 2021.