On this page
Do you work in the construction or dredging industry? You will be able to move and reuse soil that contains PFAS more easily. PFAS is short for per- and poly-fluoroalkyl substances. In July 2020, the rules around PFAS were temporarily eased:
- Soil is allowed to contain more PFAS (PFAS 1,4 µg/kg).
- The rules for soil and dredge are now the same.
- Companies will be able to reuse soil and dredge more easily. The government has indicated 37 deep lakes for this purpose.
More research will follow, after which in 2021 definitive rules for PFAS limits in soil and dredge will be made.
- entrepreneurs who work in the construction sector
- entrepreneurs who work in the dredging sector
The permanent rules for PFAS in soil and dredge are expected in the spring of 2021.
Please note: The effective date of this measure is not yet final. Entry into force is subject to its passing through the upper and lower houses of parliament or proclamation of the Order in Council (Algemene Maatregel van Bestuur, AMvB) or ministerial decree and publication in the Staatsblad or the Staatscourant(in Dutch).