Logo of the Dutch governmentGo to homepage

Government support for entrepreneurs

This article is related to:

Airworthiness requirements aircrafts

This information is provided by Netherlands Enterprise Agency

If you want to commission aircrafts or plan to operate Remotely Piloted Aircraft Systems (drones or model aircrafts), micro light aeroplanes (MLAs), historical aircrafts or home-built aircrafts in the Netherlands, there are Dutch airworthiness requirements you and your aircraft must adhere to.

Proof of registration in the Dutch Civil Aircraft Register

Some aircrafts must be registered in the Dutch Civil Aircraft RegisterExternal link (Luchtvaartuigregister) (in Dutch), kept by the Human Environment and Transport Inspectorate (Inspectie Leefomgeving en Transport, ILT). You will receive a Certificate of Registration (Bewijs van Inschrijving, BvI) once the aircraft has been registered. You will require insurance, a broadcasting license and a transponder code for this purpose. You will also have to arrange for the following documents:

  • Certificate of Airworthiness (Bewijs van Luchtwaardigheid, BvL): this document declares that the aircraft complies with airworthiness requirements.
  • Noise Certification Documents (Geluidsdocument): Dutch motorised aircrafts must have these documents on board. Noise information is important for the calculation of rates by airports, among other things.

You can request these documents from ILTExternal link or consult the complete list of aviation formsExternal link on ILT's website.

Please note: The technical requirements imposed by the Netherlands in respect of MLAs differ from those of other EU Member States. If an MLA is already allowed in another EU Member State, the authorities may ban its sale in the Netherlands only in exceptional cases.

This article is related to:

This information is provided by

Netherlands Enterprise Agency