On this page
If you own a childcare facility, you are required to have an up-to-date health and safety policy. You are required to draft, implement and evaluate this policy with all concerned parties and adapt it accordingly to ensure continual improvement.
Main health and safety requirements
- Everyone involved in your childcare facility works according to your health and safety policy (in Dutch).
- Your health and safety policy is up-to-date.
- The policy addresses the main risks with serious consequences for the health and safety of the children.
- Your pedagogical staff teach the children to deal with small risks.
- You describe how you reduce the risk of transgressive behaviour on the part of both adults and children.
- In the case of childcare centres, you describe the four-eyes principle.
- The policy contains a plan of approach describing how to limit risks and what action to take as soon as an unhealthy or unsafe situation occurs.
Stints (electric carts)
The ban on stints is to be continued. Tests on modifications showed that the vehicles are not safe. Stints are electric carts popularly used by childcare organisations to transport children. Stints were banned on public roads in October 2018 following a tragic accident (in Dutch).
The ministry should be notified of any similar motorised passenger carriers (classified in Dutch as bijzondere bromfiets) before they come onto the market.